Country Roads Table Runner

Friday, May 8, 2020



Hello Friends!  I hope you are all well and staying encouraged.  It's certainly been a tumultuous time and I have to admit I've appreciated my love for sewing more than ever I think!  





I had the privilege of sewing with this beautiful new fabric collection called Country Roads by Poppie Cotton and it was absolutely delightful.  I struggled with what I wanted to make and suddenly it was just calling Spring to me so tulips it was! 




I have had my eye on this Tulip Table Runner pattern by Fig Tree & Company called Tulip Farm.  This fabric was so perfect for that pattern!  




This is a really lovely fabric line that has so many beautiful prints,  stripes and there are even words to the song Country Roads!  How fun is that?  The fabric colors are beautiful with pinks, whites, and a very deep blue that I think is beautiful.  











Of course this sweet fabric called for hand quilting, which is always a favorite for me.  I chose to use two different colors of Perle Cotton #8 thread in a nice soft pink and a gray.  The colors blend so beautifully with the fabrics.




I bound the quilt in the dark blue stripe which I cut on the bias.  I really love a bias stripe binding.  I hand sewed the binding on a little differently than I have in the past and I used my Perle Cotton thread to hand sew it on the top edge.  I love how it looks!




I backed the table runner with patchwork squares of all the prints and it is as sweet as the front.  





Be sure to follow Poppie Cotton on their blog here where you can see all the amazing projects being made using Country Roads Fabric.  




I hope you are enjoying this beautiful Spring.   It's my favorite time of year!  So much promise of warm weather and flowers!  





2 comments:

  1. That came together beautifully. Your hand work is just fabulous. Yes, this is a good time for sewing.

    ReplyDelete