Sewing All The Little Things! {Woodland Songbirds Fabric Tour}

Friday, October 23, 2020




Happy October friends! 


I'm excited to share some projects I've been working on periodically through the last month or so.  I was given a bundle of this beautiful new line of fabric from Poppie Cotton, called Woodland Songbirds.  I love every fabric line by these talented ladies and I never tire of showcasing their fabrics!  This fabric line has the sweetest songbirds and mushrooms!  It is so adorable! 







Have you seen the Lisbon Pouch pattern by Svetlana from Sotak Handmade?  She designs some of the most awesome patterns and I love this little pouch.    (You can find the pattern here.)




I made a little wristlet so that I can hold it on my wrist and it is the perfect size to hold my phone and some money.  I've been using it when I go to my fitness classes!  




One of my favorite things about all the Poppie Cotton fabrics are their amazing selvedges!  I use them in so many projects.  I had to sew this little selvedge to the inside of my pouch.  It is from one of their previous lines and is probably my favorite selvedge ever!  




The next thing I made were these adorable baby bibs!  This pattern is by Amy Sinibaldi and is in her book Sweetly Stitched Handmades.  I love this baby bib pattern. 



All the details of this beautiful fabric really show through in the bibs!  







 I had fun adding little tags with the baby's names embroidered on them!  A little hand quilting and these bibs came out so precious.  




The third thing I made were lavender sachets.  Do you keep a lavender sachet in your linen cabinet or your dresser drawers?  I have one that was gifted to me recently and I've really been enjoying it.  So I decided that it would be fun to make some for gifts.  




I didn't follow a pattern for these.  I was kind of winging it as I went, although I did draw up a flower design and used that for my flower and leaf pattern.  




The wool felt that I used for the little flowers was also sent to me by Poppie Cotton and it was the softest, easiest felt that I've ever worked with.  The embroidery that I did was simple and rewarding!




I'm excited to gift these! 




Last, but definitely my favorite is this beautiful and functional Hexie Supply Case that I made using the pattern by Clover & Violet called the Posey Supply Case.  (You can find that pattern here.)  




I absolutely LOVE how the Woodland Songbirds fabric worked in this little supply case.  The small patchwork squares that I hand quilted just make me so happy.  





With every line of Poppie Cotton fabric I've cut scraps into hexies when I am finished sewing with it.  One day I will have enough to make myself a Hexie Quilt!  I'm excited that this Supply Case works great to hold all my hexie making supplies.   This case has a zipper compartment on the first page that is great for holding finished hexies.  (See how I used more of the selvedge?  I love it!) 






The back page has this awesome magnetic needle minder.  I think it might be one of my favorite things about this supply case!  




Also on the back page are pockets under the flap.  I love that it is held secure by velcro and then opens to awesome pockets for my pin, scissors, hexie papers and wonder clips.  





There is a zipper pouch in the middle of the supply case and it holds thread, my thimble, ruler and is plenty big to hold other things.  Such a great idea to have this as an added bonus.  It lays flat when it is not in use.  





The supply case closes with an elastic closure.  I changed mine up a little bit and used a vintage button and elastic loop as the closure.  It works perfect and I love it! 




I absolutely loved sewing with this beautiful fabric line.  The songbirds are my favorite and brought a smile to my face every time I saw them!  


As always, I appreciate the ladies at Poppie Cotton for trusting me to showcase their fabrics and I hope you've enjoyed my projects!




Be sure to click the links below and see what the amazing sewists have made using Woodland Songbirds fabric!  


2 comments:

  1. That is darling fabric, perfect for fussy cutting. The bib project is one I would really like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where do you find your zippers?

    ReplyDelete