Everyday Tote Bag {My Heart Belongs To My Farmer fabric}

Wednesday, November 17, 2021





I had such fun sewing with the new line by Poppie Cotton called  My Heart Belongs To My Farmer!  It is all the colors I adore and the quality of their fabric is always so soft and amazing.  






I've been needing a good tote bag and decided that I would love to make a scrappy bag using all the different fabrics in this line.  I chose the Everyday Tote Bag pattern by Minki Kim @zeriano.   Her patterns are always amazing and easy to follow and there is even a YouTube tutorial to step you through it.  





I changed the pattern up by using little pieces of fabric to fussy cut so that I was able to showcase all the fabrics.   I cut random sizes and sewed them together as I went along, forming rows first and then finally cutting them to size.   I did draw out a bit of a pattern so that it wasn't totally random! 




I also had fun doing some foundation paper pieces on four little four in blocks that I used as well.  That was really fun and honestly I wish I had made more because I think they really came out cute!




I love how this bag pattern uses stable foam instead of regular quilting batting because it makes the tote very stable.  It can stand up on it's own.  




I chose to do simple straight line quilting... which is done right through the stable foam and wow did it ever come out great. 




I also love how this bag is quilted through the lining as well and then the raw edges are bound simply; leaving no raw edges on the inside.   I it with a fabric by Poppie Cotton in their Farmhouse Favorites line called Piglet Soft.  I love how all their Farmhouse Favorite fabrics tie in with all their fabric lines... they are always a perfect fit.  


The bag also has a great zipper pocket inside and its really a nice big pocket. 
 The end result on the interior of the bag is perfect.  





One of the things I love so much about all the Poppie Cotton fabric lines is their sweet messages on the selvedge of their fabric!!  




I loved being able to use the selvedge in a few places on this tote.  




Such a fun bag to make and the fabric is so perfect for me!  



I also made a simple drawstring bag to use in my tote bag for my crochet project.  I only know how to crochet dish cloths but I also like to have a few going, especially not when I'm making them for gifts.   I quilted this drawstring bag simply in diagonal lines.  




And I used a little bit of the selvedge again to make little tabs!  It is adorable.  



 
I loved this fabric line so much.  And I always say this... but it might be my favorite right now!  



1 comment: