Chick-A-Doodle Doo {Fabric Tour}

Friday, July 30, 2021


Hello friends!  

I was so excited to sew with Poppie Cotton's new line Chick-A-Doodle Doo!  This fabric is just the absolute sweetest!  





I looked it over for a few weeks and suddenly realized I could see sweet little farmhouses made with this adorable fabric.  I used the sweet yellow dot low volume in the line for the backing squares so that the little houses jumped out!  I just loved making them!




Once the quilt top was complete, I just felt like it needed a little something more as a border and instead of doing an actual border I decided on scrappy Prairie Points!  I couldn't be happier with how sweet they came out! 



As with all of Poppie Cotton's lines, they have the most adorable selvedge and I had so much fun incorporating it in some of the blocks!  




And how precious are the little chicks!!!  





I really loved how the little houses came out.  They were so much fun to make!  I used simple straight sewing with dark thread to outline them houses.  This method is called Sewing Illustration and if you haven't done it before, you need to! 


Aren't they just so adorable? 

 





I chose to do a simple straight line hand quilting on the diagonal.  It was fast and easy.  I used DMC Perle #8 for the thread and did some big stitch quilting.  Then to make the houses "pop" I quilted around them with regular quilting thread in tiny stitches that were right next to the houses... basically just an outline.  




I'm struggling to find a place to display the sweet little quilt.  It's actually fairly good size so it needs a large area to display it.  I put it on my dining room table yesterday and absolutely fell in love with it there so I think that is where it will stay for now!  




And it just fits my farmhouse! 




I'm so happy with this darling quilt.  And this fabric line is SO PRECIOUS!!!  
As with all the Poppie Cotton fabric.... it's my favorite so far!  







No comments:

Post a Comment