Fall Sewing! {Hide and Seek Fabric Tour}

Thursday, October 12, 2023



How did it happen that fall is already here???  It seems like summer is a whirlwind and then before I can catch a breath, in comes fall!  

I received this new fabric collection from Poppie Cotton a few months ago and the first glance I had of it made me think of fall and I've been excited to sew some pretty fall things and finally I had a day to sit down and get it done!  

The fabric collection is called Hide and Seek and it has such sweet little creatures!  The butterflies and bunnies are my favorite! 





One time, a lot of years ago, I made a whole bunch of fabric stuffed pumpkins and gifted them to friends.  It was such a fun gift and I decided to do the same thing again and make some pumpkins from the fabric.  I chose to use the pattern by Minki Kim at Sew Illustrated.  (Her patterns are ALWAYS my favorite!).  You can find the link to her pattern shop here.  




These pumpkins were so much fun to make!  They did require some hand work, which I really enjoy.  I really enjoy having some down time in the evening while my husband plays his banjo and I can just sit and hand sew and listen to him play!  



I was able to use each piece of the collection and I felt like the pumpkins really showcased all the different fabrics!



Aren't they so sweet???  

After I finished the pumpkins my grand-daughter said to me "Maybe a scarecrow would be fun Gram"!  So of course... what do you think I did??  Make scarecrows of course!  




I used this pattern by Old Road Primitive and it was so much fun to make!  







This fabric collection is just the best!  I loved sharing my pumpkins with friends and I might just keep these scarecrows!  





There are so many amazing projects being made this month using Hide and Seek fabric.  Be sure to follow along @poppiecotton on Instagram.  These gals never cease to amaze me with all their gorgeous fabric collections!  

Happy fall my friends!!!  May you enjoy sewing all the beautiful fall things! 

1 comment:

  1. "Your blog serves as a reminder that quality content is a labor of love, dedication, and expertise. You've set a high standard that's truly inspiring."
    applebees coupons 10 off $30

    ReplyDelete