Sweet Poppet Pouches {Moonbeam Dreams Fabric Tour}

Tuesday, November 7, 2023



Hello my sewing friends!  I'm in New Mexico at my momma's as I write this blog post and the weather here is so beautiful!  I'm excited to tell you about this lovely fabric by Poppie Cotton called Moonbeam Dreams.  I have to tell you that the colors of this fabric collection are not usually what I am drawn to but oh my goodness do I absolutely LOVE this fabric.  




I'm going to quote Emily Dennis from her blog post about the fabric, she describes it so perfectly:  Moonbeam Dreams is a fabric line full of soft and dreamy colors.  The color palette features coral pinks, shades of blue, soft greens, and yellows.  You'll find fireflies, different stages of the moon, lunar moths, and delicate florals.  




I've been wanting to try a new pattern called Poppet Pouch by Rosie Taylor Crafts (link to the pattern here) and I decided this fabric would be so beautiful in these adorable pouches.  (I also used a free foundation paper piecing economy block pattern by Rosie Taylor Crafts for the front of the pouches!)




This pattern is awesome, but I have to be honest with you... I struggled!  I have no idea why it was a struggle for me.  Pouches, bags, anything with a zipper are my favorite thing ever but I did struggle getting the curves of the fabric to not have puckers and to come out smooth and perfect.  If you look close (go ahead!!), you can see the imperfections!  But I've learned through the years to embrace imperfections and be okay with it!  Smile! 




I also love that the interior is a clean finish with binding on the seams so there are no frazzled edges and I really like that.  




I enjoyed the combination of machine quilting and hand quilting on these pouches.  







Moonbeam Dreams by Amanda Grace for Poppie Cotton is a fabric you will want!  



Make sure you visit the following Makers to see their beautiful projects with this fabric line!  

No comments:

Post a Comment