Daisy Mae Fabric Tour

Monday, February 24, 2020





I have to start this post by saying that there is something really special about being trusted to showcase a new fabric collection before it is even available to the public.  It is such an honor to get the fabric in the mail, sit with it in my hands and carefully look over every single detail.  It makes my heart race a little and it certainly makes me want to sew something that will do the fabric justice.  







Some time ago I had seen this quilt pattern called Meadowland by Then Came June and when I saw this lovely fabric collection I knew it would be perfect! 





I absolutely adore this quilt!!





I chose to do some straight line quilting on my sewing machine.  It was so simple and came out so stunning.  There is something about straight line quilting that I just love.  









The straight line quilting was very easy as it followed the natural lines of the blocks, so it didn't require a lot of marking.  





I absolutely love the low volume seen in the picture above.  Look close... it is called Chicken Wire and it has tiny little pink crosses that make it look a little like pink chicken wire!   





And those adorable chickens!!!  




I used Poppie Cotton Country Confetti in Waffle Cone (a most beautiful orange) for the binding.  At first I was worried that it wasn't going to match the other prints but you can't believe how striking it looks!





I felt like the back of the quilt needed some little something extra.  So I used some left over scraps of Daisy Mae and the beautiful orange from Country Confetti and made a large Meadowland block by adding some borders to it and pieced it right into the middle of the backing.  Can you believe this is almost my favorite part of the quilt?!  





I am just mesmerized by how striking that block is!  




I gifted the quilt to a dear friend of mine. It made me so happy to give it to her.   (Do you remember to label your quilts before gifting them?  It's such an important step!) 




I enlisted my grand-girls to help with the quilt holding and I love this picture taken from the back!  It might actually be one of my favorite pictures! 





I'm super proud of this quilt.  I love the fabric.  I love the quilt pattern.  I love the straight line quilting.  I love every single thing about it!

Daisy Mae fabric will be available in shops very soon!  

Be sure to follow the talented makers below and see what they are making with Daisy Mae:


February 17:    www.foxfishe.com

February 24:    www.theredfeedsack.com
March 2:          Instagram: @nannygoatquilts
March 4:          www.happyquiltingmelissa.com


No comments:

Post a Comment